Rules of Swimrun
1. Organisation :
Two distances are proposed:
BinSwimRun Experience (26,6km Running / 5.2km Swimming)
BinSwimRun Discovery (10,4km Running / 2.2km Swimming)
2. Entry pre-requisite
- 2.1 To be able to participate in Bin El Ouidane Swimrun you have to race in a team consisting of two persons that are at least 18 years old and able to swim.
- 2.2 Each team member must hold a type of liability insurance.
- 2.3 Entry fee is final and will only be reimbursed to 75% against a doctors certificate 2 months prior to the race and reimbursed to 50% against a doctors certificate 1 months prior to the race.
- 2.4 It is allowed to change one team member in your team
- 2.5 It will be asked for a medical certificate (mentioning Raid, ultra trail or swimming in competition)
- 2.6 No external sale of your entry is allowed
3. Race course
- 3.1 Race course
- 3.1.1 The race course is marked
- 3.1.2 The participants must follow the marked course
- 3.1.3 The participants that do not follow the marked course will be disqualified
- 3.1.4 A cut off will be installed on the course
- 3.1.5 - It is forbidden to be accompanied during the race
3.2 Water checkpoints
- 3.2.1 There will be several water / food checkpoints throughout the course
3.3 Emergency stations
- 3.3.1 There will be several medical points where participants can get help if needed
- 3.3.2 There will be medical staff and equipment on boats.
- 4.1 All teams need to bring all their equipment from start to finish, if a team fail to bring all their equipment to the finish line they will be disqualified.
4.2 Mandatory equipment
- 1 First aid pressure bandage, packed in a waterproof container
- 2 Wetsuits suitable for water temperature of 10 degrees Celsius
- 1 Compass
- 1 Waterproof map holder
- 2 Whistles
4.3 Mandatory equipment that the organisation will supply
- 2 Race bibs, they must be worn visible all the time during the race
- 1 Waterproof Map
- 1 Timing chip
- 2 Swimcaps must be worn visible during all the swims
4.4 Recommended equipment
- Water bladder, goggles , Pull boy, backpack (or belt) to carry the required equipment .
4.5 Equipment check before the race
- Before the race there will be a mandatory gear check.
4.6 Equipment that is NOT allowed
- Floatation help that is bigger than 100 cm x 60 cm.
- 5.1 Timing
- 5.1.1 The time is from the start until the last of the two team members have passed the finish line
- 5.2 Cut offs
- 5.2.1 Throughout the course there will be cut offs where the teams need to pass by a certain time to be able to continue racing.
- 5.2.2 Information about the cut off times will be given the day before the start
6. Racers responsibility
- 6.1 General
- 6.1.1 The participants must know the rules and follow these
- 6.1.2 The participants shall respect other participants, organisation, spectators and the people living in the race area.
- 6.1.3 The participants are not allowed to use unfair methods to get advantages
- 6.1.4 The participants are obliged to help in case of emergency if the organisation is asking for it.
- 6.2 Before the race
- 6.2.1 The participants can train and scout the course prior to the race but have to respect the environment
- 6.3 During the race
- 6.3.1 The participants are participating at their own risk and can not hold the organisation responsible for any accident during the race.
- 6.3.2 The teams are obliged at their best ability to help another team that have been injured or being sick.
- 6.3.3 A team that has abandoned the race shall report it as soon as possible to the organisation.
- 6.3.4 Littering is strictly prohibited. If a team is caught littering they will be disqualified.
- 7.1 General safety rules
- 7.1.1 The two members of each team have to stay together at all time and can not be more than 100 metres apart on land and not more than 10 metres during swimming.
- 7.1.2 The race organisation can refuse a team to continue if they judge them not capable caused by fatigue or being in such bad physical condition.
8. Media and sponsor exposure
- 8.1 Sponsor markings
- The teams are allowed to have sponsors marked on their race gear.
- 8.2 Race bibs
- The race bibs can not be modified in any way and must be worn all the time
- 8.3 Pictures and film free rights
- The participants gives the race organisation the right to use pictures and film material taken during the race to be used free of rights in marketing, press material, internet, television and movies.
9. Registration fee:
- Race only (BinSwimRun Experience): 275 euros / team
- Pack Race with 4 * hotel accommodation (BinSwimRun Experience): 550 euros / team
- Race only (BinSwimrun Experience), Moroccan Residents: 1600 dirhams / team
- Race only (BinSwimrun Discovery), Moroccan residents: 600 dirhams / team
10- Acceptance of the rules
- By entering the race, each team member accepts the rules.
- The Bin el Ouidane SwimRun is a race that requires a minimum of physical preparation,
- Good training and see you soon to to live an extraordinary adventure in Morocco